Thursday, July 18, 2013

Frat House Party Table!

My cousin Colby is a student at The University of South Dakota. And is a member of the Fraternity Tau Kappa Epsilon. He asked me if I could make him a coffee table for his frat house with their school logo on it.
So I followed the same plans as the DIY Patio Table, and just a few adjustments. He wanted it about 3ft long and 2 1/2 ft wide.
You can see the full tutorial on the little square table...click below. 
After the table was built and painted I brought it in the basement so I could use my mini-projector to outline the logo. I haven't use it very much, so any chance I get to use it I will jump on it.
This particular projector was fairly inexpensive at Michael's. I used a Sunday paper coupon for 50% off a regular priced item. So I believe it cost me around $15-20?? But does work really well for small projects.


One thing with using a projector is positioning... tricky tricky LOL


After the logo was outlined I had several examples on hand there to make sure I got it right. Then I grabbed my small paint brushes and started a painting...









After this was dry, I took it outside and put some polyurethane on it.
Several layers of it actually. Because I have a pretty good idea what this table will be used for... Playing soda pop games...or bridge???





I'm gonna deliver this beauty to him this weekend!
EXCITING!!!


3 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I've always wanted to try projector stenciling. I really like that you painted the edge red, too. How'd he like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved it!!! Hopefully he will send me a pic of it actually in the frat house!

      Delete