Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My First Furniture Project!

This was my first furniture project that I tackled. My husband had these 2 old dressers since he was a kid. You know, the old 70's dark wood?? He wanted to donate them to Goodwill but of course it "sparked" an idea in me! I told him let me try something and if it don't work, well then we are only out the cost of paint. 



Before......


My little garage helper loves sanding!

All primed

First coat of paint!

After!


The color was Jamacian Blue from Lowes. Which I love! I WILL be making another piece in this color!


I just sold this piece. And I will have to admit, it was kind of sad to see it go. But I knew after I re-did this dresser....it was on! Bring on the furniture projects!

Let me know your thoughts.......

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up to The CSI Project. I love redoing furniture and also feel a bit sad when selling it, especially when you have worked hard and loved the results. I have never really been a fan of the slightly destressed look but the way you have made it so suttle really makes me want to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, there are a lot of different levels of "distressed". And some are too much. And I also think it depends on the color of the piece. Thank you for the compliment!!

      Shelly

      Delete